CINEMASCAPES provides a platform where leading film producers meet location facilitators, Indian state tourism bodies and International tourism boards. This is a B2B conference with an attached exhibition, promoted by Cross Section Media in association with the Guild. Cinemascapes is a leading conclave where trends in cinema tourism will be discussed by authorities in the business, along with presentations made by locations and facilitators. This event is one of its kind in India, exploring business opportunities for cinema and tourism together.
Cinemascapes 2012 will bring global locale vendors and allied service representatives to interact with the Indian Film Industry on one platform with leading exhibiting partners and 300 Buyers (Indian Film Industry Professionals).
Additionally, CINEMASCAPES 2012 will be held as A COMPANION EVENT at The 14th Mumbai Film Festival, a Reliance Entertainment initiative, organized by Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI).
Founded in 1997 by late Hrishikesh Mukherjee, MAMI works to "disseminate and inculcate good cinema among Indian audiences". Chaired by internationally renowned Indian filmmaker Shyam Benegal, the panel of trustees include very well-known names from the India Film Industry.
- AMIT KHANNA - Producer, Lyricist and Chairman of Reliance Entertainment
- AMOL PALEKAR - acclaimed Actor-Director
- ASHUTOSH GOWARIKAR - Director of Oscar Nominated, Best Foreign Language Film, LAGAAN
- FARHAN AKHTAR - Actor, Director and Producer
- JAYA BACHCHAN - acclaimed and award winning Actress
- KARAN JOHAR - Director-Producer of some of the most successful films at the box office
- SHABANA AZMI - renowned Actress who has won acclaim and awards internationally
- YASH CHOPRA - Producer-Director, doyen of the Hindi film industry
Click here to know more about the last edition of the Mumbai Film Festival.